Free training: How to do your own research in trademark databases
24 septembre à 9 h 00 - 12 h 00| Gratuit
The Intellectual Property Institute (IPIL GIE) offers free training in checking the availability of a trademark.
Course Objectives : identify public databases on trademarks and be familiar with the Nice classification. Participants will be able to perform their own trademark searches.
Target audience: entrepreneurs, marketing managers, R&D managers, students, researchers.
The training will be held at the Keyjob Training Centre, 65 rue de la Gare, L-1611 Luxembourg. The number of places is limited to a maximum of 10 participants. The deadline for registration is 19th of September 2019.
- Reminder of the main principles of trademark law which have an influence on trademark
- Presentation of the Nice Classification (international classification of goods and services for the registration of trademarks)
- Overview of the main public databases on trademarks
- How to read a search result and a trademark registration
- Searching identical trademarks: same sign for the same goods and services
- Searching similar trademarks: risk of confusion, which are the elements of assessment?